How to install Remix OS on PC
Remix OS: An Introduction
Android is the most popular operating system all the time capable of doing plenty of tasks. There were billions of android apps and games that have been made and you may have experienced those awesome apps on your phone. But have you ever thought, these apps can run perfectly on your PC, Haven’t Yea? But what Jide’s Remix OS has done.
Remix OS is an Android-based open-source Android x86 project in which it provides you with a truly Android experience right on your PC. The Remix OS is based on Android Marshmallow (and it keeps updating their OS) aims to give a conventional way, that’s through keyboard and mouse. The OS provides you with a tablet-like experience in which you can run any android apps and games seamlessly without any lag.
Remix OS: Its compatibility
Remix OS is made for those who want to control or operate their Android in a big screen through keyboard and mouse and it doesn’t require much RAM and processor to run, it can be also run on your old PC. The best part is, you can install Remix OS on the USB flash drive rather going through the hassle of overriding your current OS.
Remix OS: Its features
Talking about its home screen, the Remix OS has a similar look to what you see in windows. It has a taskbar, start menu, system tray and a multitasking feature in which it is optimized in such a way that it can run your favourite apps in multi-windows functionality. The best part is, you can download your apps and games from the play store and it too supported google play services in the marshmallow version. But still, there were few bugs in play service while creating an account in it.
Why install Remix OS on your PC?
There can be many reasons to run Remix OS on your PC. But basically Remix OS is made for those systems which don’t fulfil your purposes or doesn’t capable to do a simple multi-task, In this case, you can go for Remix OS. At least this Android-based OS can help you to do fast browsing or you can take help from tons of applications available on play store. This OS would also help developers who need an extreme platform to test their apps for a perfect run.
How to install Remix OS on PC
You can install Remix OS on USB flash drive or on your hard disk, Installing on USB would like you can take a taste of Remix OS by running guest mode and experience what it would like, Or you can go for installing in hard disk, Don’t worry, your existing operating system won’t be affected, you can have like Dual OS on your PC in which you can desire to choose any both of them while on boot mode.
#Method 1. Install Remix OS on USB flash drive
- 8 GB+ USB 3.0 flash drive ( should be formatted in FAT32)
- 64-bit CPU ( Intel or AMD)
- 2 GB of RAM
Steps to install Remix OS on USB flash drive
1. First, you will need to download the Remix OS iso image file, then extract it. There you will get two options to download, you can download as per your system type and BIOS ( you can check through, pressing Windows key + R and type “MSInfo32”. Then, check BIOS Mode and System Type ). We will recommend going through legacy version as it is for the older PCs and covers almost any type of PCs while UEFI version is for traditional PCs.
2. Format the USB flash drive you are going to use in FAT32 format.
3. Run the Remix OS installation tool from the folder you have extracted. Now you need to select the ISO file, where you have extracted it and select USB Drive from the option to install. You can also choose Hard Drive but you may face some problems while installing (depending on system).
4. Now, the tool will start its magic, it begins to copy the files to USB flash drive, it will take 2-3 minutes to finish it’s Done!. Now the tool will ask to reboot the system. Click “Reboot Now” or you can click “Exit” to do it later.
5. Once you are ready to restart your PC, make sure you have inserted the USB flash drive, Now while restarting your PC, you have to go to BIOS settings ( by tapping F12 or F9 ). Go to boot option and “disable secure boot mode” and also disable the “legacy mode“. Make sure you have selected USB flash drive as first boot preference. Once you did, save the settings and restart your PC.
6. Once you have restarted or boot through USB, you will be asked to select ” Resident Mode” or ” Guest Mode“. The Resident mode will allow you to save you all changes and data on the flash drive, While the guest mode doesn’t save any data.
7. Once you have selected the mode, Remix OS will start up and take time for a first boot. It might take a while, depending on your system configuration.
8. The Remix OS will ask you to set up your language, wifi connection and user agreement etc. Once you have completed you will be promoted to your home screen.
#Method 2. Install Remix OS on Hard Drive ( PC )
In this method, we will be going to install Remix OS on the Hard drive. You will get many benefits as you can use Dual OS if you have much space left to handle both of them. You will need to create a partition and also have to create entries. a quiet little complex, But if you follow step by step process, You will definitely get the absolute results.
- A drive having at least 16GB of storage left
- 2 GB of RAM
- 64-bit CPU (Intel or AMD)
Steps to install Remix OS on PC
1. First, you will need to create a partition of your hard drive, you can choose any hard drive having space at least 16GB ( except Local Disk C ). Now you can use the windows partition tool or else you can use AOMEI partition tool for a quick setup. I am using this tool because it has more features and easy to do.
2. Once you have downloaded and installed. open the software and you will see your drives showing volume. You have to right click on the drive you want to create a partition and choose “split partition option“. A new box will appear and then you will be asked to enter new partition size, you have to enter 16GB and then click “ok“. You may be asked to purchase the software. Just enter AOPR-008S0-PS6H6-8UXJX in the activate box.
3. Once you click ok, you have to click on apply located at the top menu. Now it will ask to reboot your system, just restart the PC and then AOMEI Partition Assistant will start working in the BIOS mode, the process may take 10-15 minutes, Once the process completed, it will automatically restart your PC and your partition is now created. If your new partion is in NTFS, you have to convert it into FAT32. For that, you can use this tool and select NTFS to FAT32 converter located at left menu.
4. Next, you have to extract the files from the Remix OS ISO img file into your new drive, you have created just right now, make sure you extract all the files shown in the image.
5. Now, you need to create entries, for that, you need to download the EasyBCD software and install it, Once you install, just open and click on “Add new entry” and click on option “ISO” and select the Remix OS ISO img file from the option “path“. Click on Add Entry, now a dialogue box will open showing some codes running, wait for few seconds and the entry will be created.
6. Now you have to immediate reboot the system, and make sure you must disable the secure boot option and legacy mode from the boot menu.
7. Now you have to restart the system, and then you can see the Dual boot menu, whether to choose your existing windows or remix os.
8. After you selected the mode and then you will be asked to select ” Resident Mode” or ” Guest Mode“. The Resident mode will allow you to save you all changes and data on the hard drive, While the guest mode doesn’t save any data.
9. Now just wait for first boot and setup your Remix OS by language, user agreement and wifi. Now you have successfully installed remix OS on PC.
Remix OS is a great Operating system, for smooth running and functioning tasks. With an amazing transition and a new look will definitely attract you which you always wanna keep it default. Jide will keep updating the OS to give you a better experience and stability which is a unique way of operating an Android. Google play service will also add a feature to use your play services and can use any app and games. Remix OS is a perfect OS for old PCs in which it will run smoothly.